The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Social and Property Services Department requires a
Temporary Full-Time Administrative Services Clerk
The Administrative Services Clerk, as part of the Administrative Unit, ensures timely responses to various administrative functions for the Social and Property Services department. The Administrative Services Clerk functions include reception/customer service, purchasing, accounts payable and receivable, clerical, financial and graphical/technical support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides initial contact on behalf of the Department in a positive and knowledgeable manner.
- Responsible for setting the tone and expectations of future interactions between customers and staff.
- Responds to general inquiries, both telephone and in person.
- Directs inquiries as required to appropriate Department staff.
- Completes appropriate forms as indicated by the nature of the inquiries received and required by the various program areas.
- Provides general program information and specific processes with respect to accessing services
- Preparation of subsidy claims forms/financial reports.
- Create and approve vendor payments on SAMS.
- Responsible for OW daily and monthly cheque run.
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc statistical/financial requests from the Province.
- Issues replacement cheques as directed.
- Cancels cheques as required.
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets as required to track and record information as required.
- Receives payables such as rent, repayments etc. and records same using appropriate processes.
- Reconciles transactions using system generated reports and file information.
- Track client gift card inventory.
- Screens and completes requests/applications for dental under Ontario Works, requesting and verifying information for eligibility.
- Determines eligibility for dental coverage for dependent children on Ontario Works or low income family members through Pathways.
- Accepts and records rental payments on behalf of clients.
- Transportation arrangements for clients in programs
- Creating and maintaining work and purchase orders.
- Handle maintenance calls and dispatch staff or contractors as required.
- Maintain spreadsheets regarding various buildings and required information.
- Maintain security access system for County buildings.
- OEYS calendars
- Healthchat Administrator
- Workshop and program support
- Design/create brochures, calendars, flyers, and posters for the various programs as required using specialized graphics program or Publisher.
- Update child care calendars, ensuring accuracy of information.
- Ensure information on Facebook is updated and accurate.
- Downloads system generated reports and letters and distribute as appropriate.
- Complete 3rd Party checks as required for MTO, Equifax, NCBS, Revenue Canada and EI information.
- Responsible for electronic file transfer
- Purchases, maintains and monitors routine office / maintenance supplies.
- Completes documentation and ensures process for program purchases.
- Tracks compressed time and hours, sick time.
- Completes general clerical duties and provides program support as directed.
- Minute taking for various divisions within the department.
- Processes and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Provides support to the overpayment recovery process.
- Responsible for photocopying, faxing and general clerical support for Program areas
- Prepare and update staff schedules as directed.
- Maintains general office filing system and program specific filing as directed.
- Maintains meeting room schedules.
- Support to department Director
- Ensure compliance with Social Service legislation, policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Educational Requirements:
- One year post-secondary office administration certificate.
- Two years of experience in an office environment. Social Services experience would be an asset.
- Clear/Negative Vulnerable Sector Check
- Excellent computer skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines and set priorities; high level of multi-tasking
- Familiar with automated bookkeeping
- Excellent customer service skills
Wages: This position is a grade 5 on our 2020 non-union wage grid at $27.21- $30.50 per hour.
*This contract has an end date of September 30, 2021
Please forward a cover letter and resume by 4:30 pm July 3, 2020 to humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure your:
- Email subject line is “2020 Administrative Services Clerk ”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page long
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one pdf file
- The pdf file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. “Jane Smith.pdf”)
Posted: June 19, 2020