Huronview (Clinton) and Huronlea (Brussels) Homes for the Aged
Casual Activation Staff
Huronview and Huronlea Homes for the aged are Huron County’s municipal homes, providing health services for people who can no longer live independently in their own homes and need nursing and personal care 24 hours. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will have opportunity to use your training and skills. If technology interests you, our care plans are computerized and orders are processed electronically. We offer opportunities for leadership and committee involvement where you can excel using your advanced communication skills. If you would like to join our very dynamic teams, then Huronlea and Huronview is for you!
Huronlea and Huronview Homes for the Aged has an opening for two casual Activation Staff. The successful candidates will work in the Activation Department and enhance the quality of life for the residents through a recreational capacity. This position requires hours of work consisting of days, evenings and weekend shifts.
- Minimum Diploma/degree in Recreation and Leisure studies or Diploma/Degree in Therapeutic Recreation majoring in Gerontology.
- Musical background a definite asset.
- Experience in program planning (writing goals, objectives and evaluations).
- Ability to program and modify programs for the individuals with dementia and Alzheimer’s is required.
- Understanding of Ministry Standards and Guidelines for Programs and Services – Recreation an asset.
- Computer skills to complete PCC/RAI MDS assessments and care plans.
- Smart Serve Certificate or willing to obtain upon hire.
- C.P.R. and First Aid an asset.
- Good communication skills, outgoing, positive attitude, self-directed and proactive, creative/crafty, ability to work with cognitive and cognitively impaired residents.
Wage: As per SEIU Collective Agreement
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on February 23, 2018. Preference will be given to applicants who submit a copy of a current (within the last 6 months) TB Test and Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) with their application. Should you require an agency letter, contact us via email and one will be provided. Please send your cover letter, resume, TB Test and VSS in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
County of Huron
1 Courthouse Square
Goderich, Ontario N7A 1M2