Applying for Subsidized Housing

To apply for rent-geared-to-income (RGI) assistance you must complete an application form, copies of which are available online below or by contacting Huron County Housing Services.

Upon verification of eligibility for rent-geared-to-income assistance, your application will be added to a Centralized Waiting List of social housing providers within the county in chronological order of receipt.

Offers of housing will be made keeping in mind the household’s preference for a particular site or area when the application reaches the top of the list.

Households may refuse offers made by Housing Services; however if three reasonable offers are refused the household will be removed from the waiting list. Applicants are responsible to inform Huron County Housing Services of any changes to the information provided on their application. Changes must be reported within 15 business days of the change taking place. Applications that are NOT updated may be removed from the waiting list.

Applications to live in a County-owned, rent-geared-to-income, rent supplement unit, or units owned by the following provider groups: Belmore, Huron Sands, Vanastra and Exandarea Meadows, must be made through the Huron County Housing Services office.

Verification Requirements

In order to process your application prior to lease signing, you will be required to supply copies of the following documents:

  • Verification of income for all household members
  • Verification of assets for all household members
    • Note: this includes a copy of all bankbook(s) and/or statement(s) for all
      household members, statements from all investments (i.e. RRSP, RIF,
      GIC, annuities, etc.), life insurance documentation verifying the cash
      surrender value of your policy, and verification of any transfer of assets
      from the past 3 years
  • Income Tax Notice of Assessment (received back from Revenue Canada from previous year) for all household members. You may request a copy of your assessment from Revenue Canada by calling 1.800.959.8281
  • School verification for all dependents 16 years of age and older may be requested
  • Family units must provide verification that utilities, in their name, have been connected
  • Copies of all support/custody agreements

Your lease agreement cannot be processed without all of the above documentation.

Where to Apply

To apply for social housing, a common application form is available below or can be picked up from any of the following sites*:

Huron County Housing Corporation

77722D London Road
Clinton, Ontario N0M 1L0
Tel: 519.482.8505

Belmore Non-Profit Housing Corporation

Box 122, RR 1
Wroxeter, Ontario N0G 2X0
Tel: 519.392.8117

Huron Sands Non-Profit Homes Incorporated

Unit 35-80 Balvina Drive
Goderich, Ontario N7A 4L8
Tel: 519.524.5763
Fax: 519.524.5767

Vanastra Lions Club Apartments Incorporated

198-12th Street, RR 5
Clinton, Ontario N0M 1L0
Tel: 519.482.7826
Fax: 519.482.7856

Exandarea Meadows Housing Co-operative

1-51 Church Street
Exeter, Ontario N0M 1S2
Tel: 519.235.3382

* All completed applications must be submitted to the Huron County Housing Corporation.


  • pdf
    Application for Rent-Geared-To-Income Housing