Work in Huron
Huron County’s economy provides job opportunities in several growth sectors including agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and hospitality, renewable energy, healthcare, and skilled trades.
click to expand
If you are looking for work or opportunities to develop your skills, we recommend contacting one of our Employment Ontario service providers.
The Centres for Employment and Learning offer five office locations throughout Huron County. Feel free to contact them or drop in for all of your questions about jobs and training.
Small business drives Huron County’s local economy. If the idea of creating your own work and joining the ranks of our many busy entrepreneurs appeals to you, there are many supportive networks and services in place for small business owners. We suggest starting with the links below:
- Huron County Economic Development Services
- Community Futures Huron
The following links provide information that may find helpful operating in the Ontario business environment:
- Employer Toolkit: Best Practices to Hire and Retain Immigrants and Newcomers
- Work-Sharing: This program was created to help employers to avoid temporary layoffs and retained skilled employees.
- Information for Employers-Government of Ontario: Regional and local labour market information.
- Ontario Ministry of Labor: Information on labour legislation, occupational health, safety, employment rights and responsibilities.
- Hire Immigrants: Assists employers in the process of hiring immigrants and welcoming skilled workers to their workforce.
- Immploy: Connects employers with immigrant talent to foster economic prosperity.
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
54 West Street,
Goderich, ON N7A 2K3
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6