Ready to Re-Open Huron: Register Your Business
In an effort to help both businesses and the general public connect to the most current information and to encourage consumer confidence, the County of Huron has launched the Ready to Re-Open Huron recognition program available at no cost to all businesses within Huron County.
This program is not just intended for those currently trying to re-open. It is meant to identify the businesses that are following industry best practices for operating in the “new normal” and that customers can feel safe when doing business with you.
Business owners can assign a representative to participate on behalf of the business. This could include supervisors, floor managers, HR, etc.
How does a business participate in Ready to Re-Open Huron?
- Register for and participate in one Ready to Re-Open Huron webinar (1-hour session).
- Read the Ready to Re-Open Huron Toolkit and the sector-specific guidance documents (see below).
- After completing steps 1 and 2, fill out a Ready to Re-Open Huron pledge form to self-commit to implementing the recommendations from the program, and any new updates provided, to the best of your ability in order to help make your business as safe as possible for your staff and clients/customers.
- Promote your business as a recognized Ready to Re-Open Huron.
PLEASE NOTE: No webinars running currently; the last session was held at the end of August 2020. If we receive interest as we continue into the second wave, we will look into offering more sessions.
How does the public know a business is recognized under Ready to Re-Open Huron?
After successfully completing the Ready to Re-Open Huron program, businesses will:
- Display a Ready to Re-Open Huron window decal and pledge poster in their storefront windows;
- Be identified with a Ready to Re-Open Huron icon on the HC BizMap;
- Be featured in local marketing campaign in print and on social media;
- Have access to the Ready to Re-Open Huron logo to use on their websites and other promotional materials.
No webinars running currently. Webinars ran until September 2020. Webinars are delivered by experts including Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS).
As Ontario begins to re-open the economy, we encourage all Huron County businesses to review the information in this Ready to Re-Open Huron Toolkit.
As Ontario begins to re-open the economy, we encourage all Huron County businesses to review sector-specific guidelines. List updated regularly.
To complete the Ready to Re-Open Huron program, businesses must self-commit to implement industry best practices and stay up-to-date.
Sector Specific Guidance and Multilingual Tip Sheets
- Ready to Re-Open Huron is not a certification or inspection program.
- Neither the county nor its program partners can guarantee any level of safety or adherence to guidelines at participating businesses.
- The aim of the program is to connect consumers to businesses that have self-committed to implementing best practices for their industry as the economy re-opens.
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
54 West Street,
Goderich, ON N7A 2K3
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6