Huron Recovery Grant Program
What is the Huron Recovery Grant Program?
Huron County Economic Development is pleased to announce the Huron Recovery Grant Program. The program is led by the Huron County Economic Development department, with $15,000 in funds provided through a partnership with Community Futures Huron.
The Huron Recovery Grant Program will focus on supporting existing small businesses in Huron County that have to make significant changes as they pivot to maintain operations and adapt to COVID-19 realities. Grants of up to $2,500 will be awarded to eligible applicants to help offset costs associated with this transition.
Priority will be given to innovative projects that improve the customer experience with a business, as they adjust to operating in the “new normal.” Projects could include enhancing health and safety measures, digital capabilities, product development, and more.
Huron County Economic Development will offer mentorship, connect business owners to advisors and training as well as directing participants to other important tools and resources.
In order to be eligible for the Huron Recovery Grant Program, applicants must be:
- Existing small businesses in Huron County that have to make significant changes to maintain operations and adapt to COVID-19 realities
- 18 years of age or older at the time of registration
- Not attending school full time nor returning to school
- Resident of Ontario
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Not enrolled in other provincial employment or self-employment related programs that include or do not include financial assistance
- Not currently enrolled concurrently in any self-employment or entrepreneurship; training/financing programs offered by government-funded organizations
Eligible costs may include and are not limited to: acquisition of required/mandated Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), workspace reconfiguration to accommodate physical distancing, hardware/software upgrades to enhance online capacity, client servicing and accessibility. Expenses cannot be operational in nature (ie. staffing, rent, etc.). To be eligible, expenses must occur after August 10, 2020.
Applications OPEN on August 10, 2020.
- Consult with a Business Advisor.
- Complete an application: business information including a CRA business number, the description of your project, the timeline for completion and project outcomes/impact, as well as a total budget for the proposed project.
- Participate in a series of 4 webinars in September 2020 that will help develop the project idea, understand the return on investment, the project impact, and how to make a great pitch.
- Engage with a mentor (coordinated with Huron County Economic Development).
- Provide an updated written proposal and make a pitch to a panel of judges.
Winners will be announced during Small Business Week (October 18-23, 2020).
For more information about the Starter Company Plus – Recovery Program, please contact Patrick Donnelly at 519-440-1267 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can We Help?
Huron County is always excited to support new and innovative ideas and businesses.
We’re here to help!
54 West Street,
Goderich, ON N7A 2K3
+1 (519) 524-8394 ext.6