SLED ProgramSupporting Local Economic Development
What is the SLED Program?
The 2023 SLED (Supporting Local Economic Development) program funds projects that address the strategic priorities from Huron County Economic Development’s 2022/25 plan including: workforce re-engagement, education, attraction and retention projects; business district and specific sector support programs; community economic development projects, tourism initiatives; youth and newcomer programs that support encouraging a sense of belonging.
The program is delivered annually, to Municipalities and registered non-profits. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and evaluated by a panel of local economic development professionals.
Grants of up to $10,000.00 can be applied for. Projects are assessed by a panel of three judges made up of 2 Economic Development Board members and a Community Futures Huron Board member. Upon approval 50% of the funding will be awarded to get projects started. The final 50% will be awarded upon the submission of the final project report. A focus on local spending is appreciated wherever possible.
Applications to the SLED program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Municipality or a registered not-for-profit organization in Huron County;
- Cannot be a religious or political organization;
- The money has to be used in a way that has a clear and obvious economic impact;
- The direct economic impact of the project can be measured;
- The project includes collaborative partnerships;
- The applicant provides financial resources and support to the project;
- Provide recognition for the program funders of The County of Huron & Community Futures Huron.
Please note: Preference will be given to new projects not previously funded by SLED, but repeat projects will still be considered.
The project focuses on Huron County and achieves one of the priorities from THRIVE 2022-2025 Economic Development Strategic Plan:
- Re-engagement, education, attraction and/or retention of workforce;
- Impacts business districts and/or key sectors;
- Advances community development and/or tourism sector development;
- Projects focused on youth and/or newcomers building a stronger sense of community
- The 2023 SLED application form is available here.
- Coaching is available for all applicants. We are happy to discuss your projects with you and provide guidance throughout the application process. Please feel free to reach out to Rick Sickinger email@example.com or Vicki Lass firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- The applicant(s) will submit the final application to email@example.com with subject line: “Applicant Name 2023 SLED Program”. Deadline to submit is April 14th, 2023, 4:30 PM.
- The panel of judges will consist of two Economic Development Board members and one Community Futures Huron Board member. All applicants will be notified the week of April 24th, 2023.
50% of SLED funding will be dispersed upon project approval and the remaining 50% will be dispersed upon approval of your final report.
Bayfield Lion’s Club
Cultural Collective SH
Eat Local Huron
Exeter & District Heritage fund
Exeter & District Heritage fund
Goderich Celtic Festival
Goderich Little Theatre
Pioneer Park 1
Zurich Bean Festival
For more information please contact: