The Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) Surveys
Main BR&E Survey
The main survey can be completed by any Huron County business owner in less than 30 minutes. The main survey is based on the standardized questionnaire provided by OMAFRA and has been tailored specifically to Huron County businesses and in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The main survey is composed of 6 sections:
- Business Information
- Business Climate
- Future Plans
- Business Development
- Community Development
Are you a Huron County business owner who would like to complete the survey?
How to Complete & Return the Survey:
- Download and print the main survey and any applicable sector survey.
- Use a dark tipped pen if available. Pencil also works.
- For single and multi-choice style questions, please indicate your response using checkmarks (✓).
- DO NOT fill in the boxes completely for these questions, unless you are crossing out an error in response.
- For open ended response style questions, or questions your select “Other” and provide additional written responses, please write clearly and legibly within the boxes provided.
If you do not understand any part of the survey clearly, please contact the BR&E Coordinator directly (see contact details at bottom of page).
Once you have completed your survey, either mail or drop off the completed survey at the County of Huron Economic Development Office at 57 Napier Street, Goderich ON, N7A 1W2.
All completed survey responses will be kept confidential. All survey support volunteers and individuals involved in the project are committed to this principle. All the responses from businesses will be summarized as percentages or averages in the project report, guaranteeing anonymity. If there is a question that businesses can’t or don’t want to answer, they can skip it.
Information is collected under the Municipal Act, 2001 and may be subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 1990 and will be used for the purposes of Huron County Economic Development. Questions about this collection should be directed to the County Clerk, 1 Court House Square, Goderich, Ontario N7A 1M2. Telephone (519) 524-8394.
How Can We Help?
Feel free to reach out to BR&E Coordinator, Cole Nicholson, with any questions!