|Vanastra Gates, Huron East. 2007 Huron Heritage Fund project.
The purpose of the Huron Heritage Fund is to encourage the preservation of heritage assets and activities of heritage importance to the County of Huron and its residents.
Projects will assist in the preservation and restoration of heritage landmarks, historic buildings, and objects of historical significance not owned by the County of Huron. Heritage events and publications may also qualify for support under this program.
Applications are invited to the deadlines of May 1 and November 1. Priorities will include but are not limited to:
- Projects located within the County of Huron
- Projects with heritage significance to the County
- Projects where preservation and restoration are done in a historically appropriate method
- Projects open to or viewable by the public
- Projects have a cost-sharing component with the contribution from the Huron Heritage Fund not to exceed 50%
- The maximum grant to any one project will not exceed $5,000
Applications for grant funding will be reviewed and awarded based on need, merit, and public benefit. Preference will be given to those who have not received funding within the past three years.
For more information, please review the Huron Heritage Fund Policy included in the Application package.
Grants will normally be paid upon completion of the project. Acknowledgement of the grant will be required in signage or promotional material.
Send applications to:
Director of Cultural Services
c/o Huron County Museum
110 North Street
The approval process normally takes 6-8 weeks following the application deadline.